From S.T.E.P. Project Wiki
Mod Organizer by TanninMod Organizer
To properly install and setup Mod Organizer for the first time, please do the following:
- Download and install the Mod Organizer (MO) installer version (use default settings, but install to your Skyrim game directory, unless you are installing to an SSD and are running low on space).
- Run the ModOrganizer application. If you installed Skyrim to a protected directory (e.g., Program Files), you may have to Run as Administrator.
- When first started, MO will present a window asking for input to select the game to manage. Select Skyrim, or use the browse function to find the Skyrim game folder if necessary.
- First time users will receive a message to show a tutorial. It is highly recommended to do so.
- Click the wrench icon in the toolbar, and select the Nexus tab.
- Check "automatically log in" box, insert your Nexus username and password, and click OK.
- Optionally go to the General tab in Settings and change the style to a theme of your choice (dark.qss is currently the most popular).
- IMPORTANT!!! Go to Workarounds tab and click Back-date BSAs. Otherwise, some mods may not work properly.
- Click the globe icon in the toolbar. This allows MO to download mods when the Download with Manager button is clicked on the Nexus.
- If the update icon is lit up, click it to update Mod Organizer to the latest version.
- Click the profiles icon in the toolbar and click the Create button.
- Call the new profile STEP Core (or something similar), do NOT check the Default Game Settings, and click OK.
- Activate the created profile from the drop-down menu.
- Move the discovered Unmanaged DLC Non-MO mods into the following order: