Dawnguard by Bethesda Game Studios
This is the Official DLC from Bethesda. It should follow the Cleaned Updated.esm in the left pane modlist. If custom, optimized versions of the textures from Dawnguard are used, they should be placed directly after it. Also, Dawnguard.esm must be cleaned in TES5Edit:
- Make a backup of Dawnguard.esm from
<skyrim>/datadirectory by copying it to the desktop (or somewhere else handy).
- Run TES5Edit through Mod Organizer.
- Right-click the list of plugins and choose [Select None].
- Tick Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and Dawnguard.esm and click [OK].
- Wait for the Background Loader: finished in the right panel, and then right-click [Dawnguard.esm] and select [Apply Filter For Cleaning].
- Wait for the [Filtering done] Processed Records: message in the right panel, and then right-click [Dawnguard.esm] and select [Remove "Identical to Master" records]. If the Warning! prompt pops up, click [Yes, I'm absolutely sure].
- Wait for the [Removing "Identical to Master" records done] Processed Records: message, and then right-click [Dawnguard.esm] and select [Undelete and Disable References].
- Wait for the [Undeleting and Disabling References done] Processed Records: message, and then click the [X] at upper right of the program window to exit the program.
- At the prompt, checkmark Dawnguard.esm and Backup Plugins and click [OK].
- Dawnguard is a special case. It must be cleaned twice. Repeat steps 2 through 9.
At this point there are two possible outcomes, dependent upon how fast your disc drive is:
- In the first case (typically slower drives such as HDDs), the Dawnguard.esm is now no longer in the data directory.
- In the second case (typically faster drives such as SSDs), a cleaned Dawnguard.esm is now in the data directory (compare the filesize to your backup of Dawnguard.esm to verify that it has been cleaned--it should be smaller).
In the first case, you should now do the following:
- Restore the backed up Dawnguard.esm from step 1 to the data directory.
- In Mod Organizer, at the bottom of the left pane modlist is the Overwrite mod, now labeled red because files have been written to it. Double-click to open it.
- In Overwrite you will find two items: a TES5Edit Backups folder and Dawnguard.esm. Since you already restored your own backed up Dawnguard.esm to the data directory, right-click and delete the TES5Edit Backups folder and click [Close].
- Right-click Overwrite and select Create Mod..., name it Cleaned Dawnguard ESM, and click [OK].
- Drag and drop the new Cleaned Dawnguard ESM mod to immediately follow Dawnguard (the Non-MO mod) in the left pane modlist.
In the second case, you are done! You can safely delete the backup as you shall not need it (if you wish to restore the original uncleaned Dawnguard.esm later, you can simply verify Steam cache and redownload it).