Dragonborn by Bethesda Game Studios
This is the Official DLC from Bethesda. It should follow Cleaned HearthFires ESM in the left pane modlist. If custom, optimized versions of the textures from Dragonborn are used, they should be placed directly after it. Also, Dragonborn.esm must be cleaned in TES5Edit:
- Make a backup of Dragonborn.esm from
<Skyrim>/datadirectory by copying it to the desktop (or somewhere else handy).
- Run TES5Edit through Mod Organizer.
- Right-click the list of plugins and choose [Select None].
- Tick Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and Dragonborn.esm and click OK.
- Wait for the Background Loader: finished in the right panel, and then right-click [Dragonborn.esm] and select [Apply Filter For Cleaning].
- Wait for the [Filtering done] Processed Records: message in the right panel, and then right-click [Dragonborn.esm] and select [Remove "Identical to Master" records]. If the Warning! prompt pops up, click [Yes, I'm absolutely sure].
- Wait for the [Removing "Identical to Master" records done] Processed Records: message, and then right-click [Dragonborn.esm] and select [Undelete and Disable References].
- Wait for the [Undeleting and Disabling References done] Processed Records: message, and then click the [X] at upper right of the program window to exit the program.
- At the prompt, checkmark Dragonborn.esm and Backup Plugins and click [OK].
At this point there are two possible outcomes, dependent upon how fast your disc drive is:
- In the first case (typically slower drives such as HDDs), the Dragonborn.esm is now no longer in the data directory.
- In the second case (typically faster drives such as SSDs), a cleaned Dragonborn.esm is now in the data directory (compare the filesize to your backup of Dragonborn.esm to verify that it has been cleaned--it should be smaller).
In the first case, you should now do the following:
- Restore the backed up Dragonborn.esm from step 1 to the data directory.
- In Mod Organizer, at the bottom of the left pane modlist is the Overwrite mod, now labeled red because files have been written to it. Double-click to open it.
- In Overwrite you will find three items: a TES5Edit Backups folder, Dragonborn.esm, and a Strings folder (some users may not get the Strings folder--that is okay). Since you already restored your own backed up Dragonborn.esm to the data directory, right-click and delete the TES5Edit Backups folder and click Close.
- Right-click Overwrite and select Create Mod..., name it Cleaned Dragonborn ESM, and click OK.
- Drag and drop the new Cleaned Dragonborn ESM mod to immediately follow Dragonborn (the Non-MO mod) in the left pane modlist.
In the second case, you are done! You can safely delete the backup as you shall not need it (if you wish to restore the original uncleaned Dragonborn.esm later, you can simply verify Steam cache and redownload it).