Dynamic Distant Objects LOD
Dynamic Distant Objects LOD by ShesonDynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD
- Latest version of DynDOLOD and DynDOLOD Resources.
- Latest version of PapyrusUtil-Modders Scripting Utility Functions
- STEP Compilation - This provides the tree billboards to use with STEP. If using different trees than SFO Basic Edition v1.87, then you will need to install those billboards after the STEP Compilation.
- Be sure the following line is in your Skyrim.ini or DynDOLOD will not fully process:
[Archive] sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
- Download DynDOLOD from Nexus.
- Extract the archive to a location of your choice. Extract the Docs folder to this location as well. (In the screenshot, we've extracted to the "D:\Modding\Programs" location.)
- Open Mod Organizer and click the icon to open the "Modify Executables" window.
- In the Title box, type in DynDOLOD.
- In the Binary box, browse to the location of the extracted folder from step 2 above and double-click on DynDOLOD.
- Click [Add] to save the new executable.
- In the title bar again, type in DynDOLOD TexGen.
- In the Binary box, browse to the location of the extracted folder from step 2 above and double-click on TexGen.
- Click [Add] to save the new executable and close the window.
DynDOLOD Resource Files
- 1. Download the Resources file from Nexus as normal and install using the following instructions:
| FOMOD Instructions|
- 2. Activate DynDOLOD Resources by ticking it in the left pane.
- 3. Run LOOT.
DynDOLOD Output Files
- In MO's left-pane, right-click on the DynDOLOD Resources mod installed above. Click [Open in explorer].
- Navigate up one level to the "mods" folder.
- Right-click in a blank space. Go to "New", and click [Folder].
- Name the new folder "STEP LOD Textures" or a similar, but unique name.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to create another new folder. Name it STEP DynDOLOD Output or a similar, but unique name and close the window.
- Right-click in a blank space in the left pane of MO and click [Refresh]. (You should see the new mods appear at the bottom of the pane.)
- Place them in the order DynDOLOD Resources, followed by STEP LOD Textures, and follow that with STEP DynDOLOD Output.
- Run DynDOLOD TexGen through MO from the drop-down menu.
- The script will automatically run and you will receive the TexGen window. Keep the original path and click [Start] to run TexGen. When it's finished, click [Exit].
- Find the STEP LOD Textures mod created in step 4 of the DynDOLOD Output Files installation above. Right-click it and select [Open in explore].
- Navigate to the TexGen_Output folder created in step 2 above (e.g., "D:\Modding\Programs\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output"). Open the folder and drag and drop all the file from the TexGen_Output folder into the STEP LOD Textures folder. Close both folders.
- Activate the new STEP LOD Textures mod. Nothing should overwrite it. (If the mod remains grayed out, it's okay. It will refresh itself.)
- Run DynDOLOD through Mod Organizer from the drop-down menu. The script will run automatically.
- Click [OK] on the information window to get to the DynDOLOD Worlds window. One the DynDOLOD Words window, select [Advanced>>>]
- In the Advanced setting window, tick the Candles options. Then in the Select Worlds box, right click and choose [Select all]. Finally, click the [Medium] button.
- The Mesh Rules box will populate. Click [OK] to run DynDOLOD. Sit back and relax for a bit as the script will take between 10 to 25 minutes, on average, to run.
- Once the script is done, click [Save & Exit] and then click [OK] to save the new plugin. (If there were errors, seek help on the forums. A link is provided at the top of the page.)
- Find the STEP DynDOLOD Output mod created in step 7 of the DynDOLOD Output Files installation above. Right-click it and select [Open in explore].
- Navigate to the DynDOLOD_Output folder created in step 4 above (e.g., "D:\Modding\Programs\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output"). Open the folder and drag and drop all the files and folders from the DynDOLOD_Output folder into the STEP DynDOLOD Output folder. Close both folders.
- Activate the new STEP DynDOLOD Output mod (nothing should overwrite it). Make sure DynDOLOD.esp is enabled in the Plugins tab and run LOOT.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed DynDOLOD!
|Notice: Make sure that the DynDOLOD Output ...Meshes/Textures/SKSE (Json files) are not overwritten by other mods, especially not by mods that come with their own tree LOD.|