- AMUMSS aka Auto Mod-builder Updater with mod Script System by Mjjstral & Wbertro - Revolutionary NMS script based tool that can automate every step of nms modding via easy to create and use lua scripts. Once translated into a script, your mod could be regenerated again in a click after any update (once MBINCompiler will be updated too as AMUMSS relies on it). It can also merge mods together, extract .pak files, check any mod conflict and much more... it also includes NMS PCBANKS Explorer-Unpacker that could search final files inside .pak files and unpack them and browse all the game file structures.
- MBINCompiler by Monkeyman192 - The quintessential tool for decompiling and recompiling the .MBIN files contained within the .PAK files.
- No Man's Audio suite by Monkeyman192 - WIP
- NMSDK Blender Export Plugin by Monkeyman192 - A blender plugin which allows importing and exporting of models from the game.
- NMS-MCDAMM by ronw71 - a little No Man's Sky Mod Conflict Detector and ModManager --- edit - compare - merge
- NMS Modding Station by Tub0Crisco - This tool eases up the process of putting a mod together by cutting down most of hand made steps. Note: it has PSArcTool built-in!
- NMS Model Viewer 0.89.4 for Desolation update by Gregkwaste - explore the game 3D models and arrangments ! Note: original source code is here, with notes on usage & keyboard shortcuts in the Wiki tab.
- NMSE (No Man's Sky Script Extender) by Gregkwaste - similar to script extenders in games like The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, new functionality can be added through NMSE via external scripting. [NOTE: This hasn't been updated since the 1.0x release of the game. If anyone would be interested in reviving this project, many people would be very appreciative!]
- NMS UI visualizer by Monkeyman192 - WIP
- NMS Vulkan Shader Tool by eaqz - Allows compilation and decompilation of .spv shader files.
- PSARCTool by Periander - Extracts and recreates the PAK files storing all the NMS assets and data.
These two generators, one for products, tech, & substance tables, and the other for the various mission tables of the game, create scripts that when run annotate the tables with translations from the localization tables for their various localization ids. This makes reading over these different tables significantly easier than jumping back & forth between them and the localization tables.
- NMS Reward Allocator by GmrLeon - this tool allows one to add either preexisting rewards, or custom rewards, to every interaction of any set of existing interactions in the game.
- Cheat Engine by Dark_Byte - a powerful tool for adjusting any game variable loaded in memory in real-time. Note that these changes only last the time of your current game session, and must either be saved & reloaded alongside Cheat Engine each time (via CheatTables) or copied over to related game files to create a mod (i.e. recompiled MBINS, packed into .pak files).
- NMS Save editor by GoatFungus - Tweak your savegame values the easy way. Comes also with a raw edit mode.
- NMS Model Viewer by Gregkwaste - Displays game 3D models
- NMS Location Manager by Fuzzy - Allows to create galaxy position you can share or teleport back
- No Man's Connect by jaszhix - Online Location Manager
- NM Seeds by LuckDragon - A player feed seed database for ships, freighter, frigates, multi-tools and NPCs
- Save Editor by Raxdiam (outdated)
- NMS Translator by Lo2k - Converts all language files into easy to read and edit txt files and back to MBIN.
- A little script by Ben Spencer that converts .wem audio files into .ogg files.
- Divinity Sound Converter - Another script to convert .wem files into .ogg ones.