Pack:Expansion for SRLE
- Provide SRLE users with more content. Over XX hours of gameplay has been added through some of the best NPC, city, quest and new worlds mods.
- Provide content that is somewhat relavent to the original TES Lore.
- Integrate for near-100% compatibility with all the SRLE mods.
Unlike REGS, the SRLE Explorer's Edition is not intended to be modular.
Before You Begin
- Ensure that your current SRLE setup is running stable and that you have spare VRAM room left.
- Ignore all the LOOT warnings about any deleted navmeshes.
- Clear out any current content in the <MO> / Overwrite folder.
- In MO, go to profiles. Copy the existing SRLE profile to a new profile named SRLE - Explorer's Edition. Ensure you are working with the new profile.
- Rename the following mod folders in the left pane of MO: DynDOLOD - TexGen Output --> DynDOLOD TexGen Output SRLE Original; DynDOLOD World Output --> DynDOLOD World Output SRLE Original.
- Disable the following mod folders in the left pane of MO: DynDOLOD TexGen Output SRLE Original, DynDOLOD World Output SRLE Original, SRLE Profile (this is the folder where Neo has you copy the contents of the overwrite folder to at end of his guide).
- In the left pane of MO, create an empty mod folder named '--- SRLE - Explorer's Edition ---'. This folder serves to seperate the original SRLE files from the Explorer's Edition.
- Install all the Explorer's Edition mods in MO after the empty folder that was just created.
Cities and Towns
Description: A major city overhaul which stay relatively close to vanilla style, and generally does not cost much performance.
Version: 1.3 (Dawn of Skyrim Collection 1.2 + Upgrade 1.3)
Description: A performance and compatibility focused version of JKs Skyrim. Currently covers 5 major cities.
Description: TThis mod adds some elements to the exterior area of High Hrothgar for a better visual experience.
Description: This mod adds map markers and changes the Dayspring Canyon entrance to be more immersive and believable. In addition, once the location of Fort Dawnguard is discovered, you will be able to fast travel there immediately like most other map markers instead of further through the quest.
Description: Unique Border Gates redesigns the border crossings of Cyrodill, Hammerfell and Morrowind by adding new, unique and immersive gates. No two are alike and I believe the design reflects the area well. Each location is discoverable and you can fast travel after discovery.
Version: 2.2 (UniqueBorderGates-All + UniqueBorderGates-All-MoreImmersiveDawnguardEntrance + UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay
Description: Inconsequential NPCs' aims to add more NPCs to Skyrim in unintrusive ways that will allow them to blend immersively into the social fabric of the land.
Optionals: Inconsequential NPCs - Cutting Room Floor Compatibility Patch
Description: Interesting NPCs is a project to add color and life to Skyrim through three-dimensional characters. Each NPC is integrated into the world, with a backstory and an extensive dialogue tree to explore.
Author: Kris Takahashi
Version: 3.15 (3.10 Main File + download the 3.15 update from the 3DNPC blog here
Optionals: Dawnguard Meshes for Vampire NPCs + Alternative Locations + EFF Patch by Noozbar tested on EFF v4 beta 13
- 3.14 update file: You need to 'install' it twice via MO. First time, add all of the files of the '3DNPC Main' folder. Second time, add all the files of the 'Heartfires' folder.
Description: Interesting NPCs followers are given perks plus combat style based on their race, class, spells, default equipment, and description page on 3DNPC followers page.
Version: 2.0 (vanilla)
Description: Adds a massive new questline to rebuild Helgen. It includes voiced NPCs, functional shops, many new locations and dungeons. 4-6 hours of gameplay
Author: Mike Hancho
Optionals: Vivid Landscapes Patch
Description: Fixes the children of Helgen Reborn to be compatible with RS Children.
Version: 1.0 (Helgen Reborn Patch)
Description: A mysterious and powerful criminal has been spotted in Skyrim, his trail dogged by hunters from Morrowind. However, there may be more at stake than it seems, and this criminal may be familiar....
Optionals: Immersion Patch
Description: Fixes the children of Moon and Star to be compatible with RS Children.
Description: The Forgotten City offers a unique gameplay experience: a murder mystery investigation set in an ancient underground city. It has a dark, non-linear story in which you'll explore the city in multiple timelines, interrogate suspects, navigate challenging moral dilemmas, and fight new enemies.
Description: The reach, a land of grey skies with no respite beneath them. Where the soil is drenched with the tears of Kynareth and the love of Mara has little haven. A huge worldspace with the span of 3 Skyrim Holds
Description: Molag Bal's Inferno is a multi-level dungeon mod that takes place in a hellish Daedric realm, featuring 8 new dungeons
complete with enemies, bosses, special rewards, and an overarching quest.
Description: Summerset Isle, a Skyrim expansion mod of DLC proportion, continues the story of the Arch-Mage of Winterhold when they are summoned to the land of the Altmer. Mystery and Heroic Fantasy with quest openness to explore, make choices, and mistakes. Your actions will have consequences. In time, learning what went wrong, and those whose lives you have touched or tainted along the way. 24h of content
Version: 1.35 (Main file + Update)
- After installation, move the entire mod in the left pane of MO to priority 0 (to the top of the list). This is a temporary fix to prevent all the conflict overrides. Should be fixed in version 1.4.
Version: 1.0 (Ambient Sounds Patch + CH Rideable Worldspaces Patch + Climates of Tamriel Patch + Rideable Worldspaces Patch)
Description: This is my last fatigue about Skyrim Modding and I've done it very... Big!
Will you be worthy for the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal? We'll see!
Version: 1.2 In-game instructions: Do not bring a follower until you completed the main quest.
Description: I've recently finished the mod's main quest, and yeah, did noticed that the town (an Imperial colony, really) was being baked in the sun. Immersion-wise, that much heat in this place is enough to kill. I've added a lot of flora in and around the colony, plus some more in the other oasis scattered across the desert... Just like what Skyrim Flora Overhaul does for the rest of the game.
Modifying Existing SRLE Mods
Special Instructions: For all the mods in this section, take note of the following:
- To preserve the function of seperate SRLE and SRLE + EE profiles in MO, ensure you do not re-install the mod in the same mod folder as the original SRLE mod.
- Try not to merge these ESPs with any other ESP files. It could lead to unexpected errors.
- Do not disable SRLE's original mod folder, or any of the potentially associated merged ESPs, unless otherwise indicated.
- Tip: Add 'Explorer's Edition' at the end of each mod title to create a new mod folder and to avoid any potential issues.
Description: In general, the clothing and clutter items tend to have fewer real bugs than the weapons and armor. However, there were several major inconsistencies in the way the game treated clothing, jewelry, and other items that needed to be addressed.
Version: (only install optional)
Optionals: CCF Compatibility Patch for Interesting NPCs
Description: IAlchemy is perhaps the most complex skill system in Skyrim and has the potential to be a beautifully nuanced crafting system. Unfortunately, it is also plagued by inconsistencies, imbalances, and poor design choices that often reduce the skill to little more than an easy way to make a quick pile of gold.
Version: (only install optional)
Optionals: CACO Patches
- Gray Cowl of Nocturnal
Description: Dynamic Distant Objects LOD (DynDOLOD) is a set of tools based on TES5Edit and TES5LODGen to automatically create a Skyrim mod based on the load order which adds distant LOD for objects to Skyrim.
Installer Options: From the archive, install the contents of the following folder(s) ONLY:
- Patches \ Beyond Reach
- Patches \ Molag Bal's Inferno
Description: This mod makes modifications to skyrim's closefaced helmets to have actual eye sockets and gaps so that you can see the characters' eyes and some face features.
Version: (only install optional)
Optionals: Improved Closefaced Helmets PATCHES v1
Installer Options Only install the following file(s):
- Helgen Reborn
Description: Overhauls all the inns and taverns, both aesthetically and functionally.
Version: 1.8.3 (RealisticRoomRental-Enhanced)
Installer Options: Select MANUAL installation in MO, then install the contents of the following folder only:
- 02 RRR_3DNPC-Patch
Description: Patches for RS Children
Version: (only install optionals)
Optionals: Inconsequential NPCS + Interesting NPCs patches
Description: Trees LOD and Objects LOD generator for Skyrim.
Version: (only install optionals)
Optionals: Molag Bal's Inferno LOD Billboards + Summerset Isle Billboards
Description: Enhance every aspect of Skyrim concerning
Weather, Lighting, Fogs, Clouds and Colors.
Installer Instructions Select MANUAL installation, then only select the following files(s) and/or folder(s):
- Required Files and Presets \ Vividian - Summerset - Patch.esp
Add the following line(s) to your the [General] section:
Go to TES5Edit\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_childworldlod_Tamriel.txt and add the following lines at the end of the file:
JKs SuperLITE - Whiterun.esp;00005A0B;WRWallCap01 JKs SuperLITE - Whiterun.esp;00005A0C;WRWallStrUp128 JKs SuperLITE - Whiterun.esp;00005A0D;WRWallStr01 JKs LITE - Merged.esp;00005A0B;WRWallCap01 JKs LITE - Merged.esp;00005A0C;WRWallStrUp128 JKs LITE - Merged.esp;00005A0D;WRWallStr01 JKs LITE - Dawn of Merge.esp;00005A0B;WRWallCap01 JKs LITE - Dawn of Merge.esp;00005A0C;WRWallStrUp128 JKs LITE - Dawn of Merge.esp;00005A0D;WRWallStr01 JKs SuperLITE - Merged.esp;00005A0B;WRWallCap01 JKs SuperLITE - Merged.esp;00005A0C;WRWallStrUp128 JKs SuperLITE - Merged.esp;00005A0D;WRWallStr01
After finishing the Conflict Resolution, follow all the steps as described in SRLE from Section 5.3 LOOT onwards.
It is of paramount importance to to this, including DynDOLOD.