From STEP Modding Wiki
SKSE64 by The SKSE TeamSkyrim Script Extender 64
Root Files Installation
- Download the most current archive for Skyrim SE.
- Open the downloaded archive and extract the following files to the Skyrim Special Edition folder: (..\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\)
Data Files Installation
- Open MO2 and right-click on the mod list.
- Hover over All Mods and select Create empty mod.
- Type in SKSE64, or anything similar.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and double-click on the newly create mod in the mod list.
- Keep this folder open for the next two steps below.
- In the new Explorer window, create a new folder named SKSE
- Open that folder and create a new file named SKSE.ini
- Open the new file and copy and paste the code in the box below
- Save and close the file.
[Display] iTintTextureResolution=2048 [General] ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
- From the archive downloaded above, open the Data folder (..\skse64_X_X_X\Data\)
- Extract the Scripts folder to the mod's folder.
Once complete, the SKSE mod's folder structure should look like this.