The Skyrim Distance Overhaul
The Skyrim Distance Overhaul by GriecheThe Skyrim Distance Overhaul LOD Improvement
STEP recommends to install the following options:
- S.D.O. Full-Lod - Waterfall Effects Beta
- S.D.O. Full-Lod - Giant Campfires Beta
- S.D.O. Full-Lod - Whiterun Creaks Beta
With these options, there should be little to no performance drops.
Morthal Swamp Trees Options
The Morthal Swamp tree options are very performance heavy! These options add NeverFade flags to many of the trees in the swamps. This means the trees are loaded whenever the player is looking towards them even if the player is on the other side of the map in Riften! Due to this performance drop, STEP only recommends these options for users with systems which can take a 10-20 FPS drop without affecting gameplay and causing lag issues.
- S.D.O. Full-Lod - Morthal Swamp Trees Complete
- This option will load all trees in the swamp and comes with an ~20FPS drop (more or less depending on your graphics card).
- S.D.O. Full-Lod - Morthal Swamp Trees Lite
- This option will load approximately half the trees in the swamp and comes with an ~10FPS drop (more or less depending on your graphics card).
- This option will not make any extra trees load in the swamp and comes with no additional FPS drop. This is the STEP recommendation for most users.
Do not install the SkyFalls and SkyMills Patch optional file, since it is now contained within the SkyFalls and SkyMills installer.