User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas Weather Mods
There are many good, scratch that, great weather mods for Fallout New Vegas. The best solution is to let users pick the one that best suits one's taste. Currently there are two to choose, but in the future they may be more.
Pick a Weather Mod
There are a couple things to consider when choosing a weather mod, the way is will look in game and performance impact. Read the description of each mod to get a sense of what would work best. There is no wrong choice. For users that have in game performance concerns, Realistic Wasteland Lighting is going to have the least impact on FPS. For users that want to see some actual weather patterns, Nevada Skies has many weather types.
- Author: Sal203 and xCamoLegend
- Version: v5.4
- Description: This weather mod has a minimalist approach to weather and exterior lighting. The colors are just a bit washed out, much like the deserts of the Southwest United States. As far as color goes, this mod captures the way it looks living in the Mojave from January to May perfectly. A little hazy from all the wind that blows dust everywhere, but not so much that it looks like a constant dust storm. The performance impact of this mod is low and there are only a hand full of weather types.
- Installation: Get the "FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting - Full" main file.
- Author: Yossarian
- Version: v1.4.2
- Description: Nevada Skies is a an excellent weather and lighting overhaul. It adds many new weather effects like rain and sand storms. It also makes the nights very dark. Almost too dark, certain areas right next to The Strip are way too dark with the Hotel lights that close, but overall the mod is great. The performance impact is noticeable, but nothing that 90% of users should worry about.
- Installation: Follow these instructions:
Install the main file. In the left pane of MO, right click Nevada Skies - Weather Effects and select "Information". Move "NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp" and "NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.
- Note: If installing this mod, remember to check the Nevada Skies option in the Interior Lighting Overhaul installer.
Some in game recommendations for the settings will come soon. The settings are accessed by equipping the "Thermo-Hygrograph" then exiting the Pip Boy menu.