Difference between revisions of "Changelog/1.0.0SE"
|Line 138:||Line 138:|
===== User Interface =====
===== User Interface =====
===== Locations =====
===== Locations =====
Revision as of 21:13, March 26, 2020
STEP Guides are taking a new direction. Please read the article to understand how future Guides will be handled and released.
Improved Guide Flow
Many steps were taken to improve the Guide's workflow. As a result, the flow of the STEP Guide has been completely rebuilt. A great deal of consideration was taken from the workflow of the user while following the Guide. Thus, v3.0 has been restructured for a start to finish experience; whereas, previous versions of STEP Guides had users jumping back and forth too often.
A New Prerequisite
A new guide as been created that is meant for users to follow prior to any Step guide. This new guide is the System Setup Guide. Users should visit there and complete it before completing any Step guide.
There is also a new three-part design. The Guide is separated into three pages. Part 1 are the prerequisites where the game and all the tools will be set up prior to getting into the mods. By the completion of Part 1, users will have their systems fully set up and ready for modding their game. Part 2 is the mod list where all the mods reside with all the installation details and instructions. Finally, in Part 3 is a wrap-up where any leftover, final steps to completing the Guide will take place such as patching, running final tools, and MCM recommendations.
This new design helps users to focus in one specific sections of the Guide while improve workflow.
New Mod Groups
STEP Skyrim LE and the other new guides to follow have new mod groups based on Mod Picker's categories. Compared to previous guides, this restructure greatly improves mod list organization while also reducing the need to hide individual mod assets, thus, improving workflow and reducing user error from missed steps.
As part of the flow change and a desire to reduce information that should be centralized, we've pulled several of the setup sets out of the Guide itself, and moved them to the new System Setup Guide. Users are required to complete this new guide before completing any Step guide. The remainder of the detailed instructions within this Guide are now hidden by spoilers. This cleans up the Guide and helps users to focus on one thing at a time. To reveal the instructions, users simply need to click the links in the Guide.
To reduce user steps and simplify the Guide, the LOOT Rules from previous STEP Guides have been removed. The STEP Patches are now entirely designed around a LOOT sorted load order. This improves workflow for both the users and for the STEP Team. Now users simply need to accept a default LOOT load order and STEP takes care of the rest with the Guide patches.
Wrye Bash has also been removed from the Guide. The STEP Patches now serve the content in place of the Bashed Patches. Along with it, the STEP Compilation files have taken an arrow to the knee! While it may save time by not having to download and install the mods the Compilation held, it also hinders customization, endorsements, and adds to maintenance overhead. Therefore, Step will no longer provide compilation files/packs. As a result these mods have been re-added to the guides.
It has been ages since the sound-based mods were revaluated. This has finally been completed with this release! Also, a complete comparison of the textures included in the Guide has been completed. With the readdition of SRO, this was desperately needed. Several mods have been dropped as a result of these revaluations.
In a desire and need to reduce maintenance overhead, the STEP Patches available have been reduce to 2 from 8. This is also in part due to Skyrim LE including all the DLC. Mods included in the STEP Patches are indicated on the mod tables. The Patches provided include:
STEP Skyrim LE - Conflict Resolution Patch
This is the conflict resolution patch for main Guide and is now all or nothing; whereas, before we were providing multiple patches for various mods users didn't want to use. It includes the following additional edits beyond simple patching:
- Increases arrow speed to ~1.5x that of vanilla.
- Increases the chances of recovering arrows from dead NPCs to 50%; vanilla is 33%.
- Increases the time that passes during fast travel. It will be similar to the take it takes to walk the distance; time is accurate within 2-3 min deviation.
- Reduces the distance NPCs will greet the player to 60; vanilla is 160. This prevents the constant NPC greeting while walking around cities.
- Reduces the distance requires for NPCs to detect crimes to 2000; vanilla is 4000. This provides for more realistic gameplay as guards won't catch you as often from seemingly out of nowhere.
- Reduces the maximum chance that NPCs can dodge projectiles to 66%, vanilla is 100%. This reduces the uncanny dodging abilities of hostile targets.
- Reduces the game's timescale to 15; vanilla is 20. This results in longer day/night cycles.
STEP Skyrim LE - Lighting & Weather Patch
This is the conflict resolution patch specifically for the new Lighting & Weather mod group. It's provided separately for users who wish to use different lighting and/or weather mods than what STEP has chosen for the Guide.
Most of the patch information can now be found on their forum topic.
With STEP 3.0 the STEP Guides now include MCM recommendations. This is something the users have asked for since MCM existed. The wait is over!
The below changes are listed for the Beta Guide users. These changes have happened since v0.2.0b.
- Updated Cleaning Vanilla Master Files section.
Mod List Changes
- .NET Script Framework ADDED
Audiovisual - Animations & Effects
- Dual Wield Improved Animation SSE ADDED
- Realistic Boat Bobbing SE ADDED
- Stronger Swimming Animation SE ADDED
Audiovisual - Models & Textures
- CleverCharff's Photorealistic Ash Pile ADDED
- Chicken Butthurt Minimizer DROPPED - not compatible with CACO.
- ElSopa - HD Keys SE ADDED
- Footprints ADDED
- Not Really HD Keys REPLACED BY ElSopa - HD Keys SE
- Rally's Hanging Moss ADDED
- Rally's Hooks and Saws ADDED
- Ruins Clutter Improved SE - UPDATED list of files to hide.
Audiovisual - Sounds & Music
- Bug Fixes SSE ADDED
- Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions ADDED
Gameplay - General
Gameplay - AI & Combat
- AI Overhaul SSE ADDED
- Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul SE REPLACED BY AI Overhaul SSE
Gameplay - Economy & Item Balance
Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing
- Improved Traps - UPDATED installation instructions.
Gameplay - Quests & Stories
- Thieves Guild Requirements SE ADDED
Gameplay - Skills & Perks
- MoreHUD SE UPDATED installation instructions.