Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance
|Skyrim Gameplay Rebalanceby dreadflopp
Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance
This pack will rebalance the game and make it fun at all levels, up to level 100 and beyond. It fits both new and experienced players.
|Compatible Packs:||Pack:Deleveled Loot, Pack:Dovahkiin Reborn, Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance, Pack:Weather and Lighting|
What to expect from the pack:
Big parts of this pack was done by Garfink. Big thanks to him. The aim of Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance is to rebalance Skyrim's difficulty without making enemies into health-sinks. This is achieved by adjusting sizes of mobs, increasing spawn points, the types of spawns, giving more potions, magicks and perks to the NPCs, improving their AI and allowing NPCs to use enchantments, all the while not nerfing the hero. There are also mods that add gameplay functionality featured in this pack. Garfinks rebalancing was in my opinion focused on a hardcore player and with all mods recommended by him the game was impossible for me to play. I am more of a casual player. Since Garfink stopped developing this pack I have done rebalancing myself and can therefore offer something for both the casual and the more harcore type gamer. I have split the pack into two parts where the second part is only installed by experienced hardcore players.
If you use more than this one pack, you need to build your own patch using my my modular patches.
Highly recommended pack focused on survival.
Pack by me that delevels loot.
Pack by me focused on player races, skills, powers, spells etc. Highly recommended
Semi-compatible and semi-unsupported packs
A real explorers guide to Skyrim (REGS)
REGS has been taken over by Kelmych who will bring it up to date and make it compatible with the latest STEP. It is probably compatible with this pack.
Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition
Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition is more of a replacement for STEP than a pack. SR:LE is not supported but most of SR:LE is still compatible with this and my other packs. Use my my modular patches and read the special instructions for SR:LE.
Not compatible packs
SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn
SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn is an addon or a pack for SRLE by Darth_mathias. It is an excellent pack that adds many mods on top of SRLE in many different areas, some areas where I haven't added any mods in my packs like quest mods or companion mods. It also adds mods that alters the looks of NPCs, it expands towns, it adds new items and retextures many aspects of the game. SRLE adds mods in all areas that I do in my packs and many of the mods that are in my packs are also in SRLE or SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn. If you want to add the mods that are in SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn but not in my packs, my recommendation is to skip my packs and use SRLE Extended instead. Darth_Mattias provides a patch for Morrowloot Unlimited and with that added you won't miss out on anything essential by using SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn instead of my packs.
You should follow the install order outlined in STEP. Install the pack after your STEP install. It may be considered good modding practice to install the pack before the STEP section 2.N. Patches, but currently it doesn't matter since none of the mods from my pack conflict with any mods from the patches section of STEP..
The mods from my pack should be installed as outlined on their pages.
Mods from the pack or STEP that overlap should usually remain in their position laid out in STEP. It may be useful to re-install these mods as a new mod if changes are made to the installation of said mod, with a name fit to the profile. This preserves easy switching between Profiles in MO.
If you are unsure, check the 'conflicts' tab in MO for the mod in question and see what is overwriting it / what it is overwriting. Ask questions on the forums if you are still unsure.
If you install more than one pack, check here: my modular patches.
The following mods are recommend for both casual and hardcore players. If you are not installing the hardcore mods the recommended in game difficulty setting is Adept but that can be lowered if the game is to hard for you.
Description: NPCs will use potions, spells from mods, perks from mods and will spawn in bigger groups. This program is setup through a patcher later. Install the mod like any other mod for now.
Author: The ASIS Team
Main file: ASIS Patcher 1-42-5 Hacked (or later version)
Main file: Better Stealing x_x
Description: Overhauls the games dragons and adds new dragon types.
Description: Fixes som Deadly Dragons scripts.
Author: 3JIou, Redshift
Special instructions: No patch for Audio Overhaul Skyrim is needed, it is included in my patches.
Description: Adds fully functional, scheduled patrols
Main files: DLC Aggressive IP 2.0.3 (or later version)
Description: All instant restoration potions (Health, Stamina and Magicka) now work over a five second duration
Special Instructions: TTRSO users: Needs to be loaded after TTRSO, which it is if you are using LOOT. This mods functionality is already included in Morrowloot Ultimate and Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul. If you use any of these two mods, do not use Immersive potions.
Description: This mod installs silent music files which the game will load instead of the original music, disabling the music.
| FOMOD Instructions|
Kill the Orchestra
Skyrim Music Options
Dawnguard Music Options
Dragonborn Music Options
Description: Tempered weapons and armors degrades to their initial state over time and use
Description: NPCs in bleed out can be knocked out. You can make stealth knockouts.
Author: Sevencardz and Noobzor
Description: More and deadlier bandits
Author: Indigoblade and the OBIS Team
Main files: OBIS 2.01
Update: OBIS 2.02
- OBIS.esp load after Rebirth Monster.esp
- OBIS.esp load after High Level Enemies - SIC.esp
Description: Adds dozens of new creatures
Main files: Skyrim Immersive Creatures v6_5_2b NMM BAIN
From the main installer choose:
STEP: Extended users should install the SIC patch from Complete crafting overhaul and Enhanced Blood Textures.
Description: Makes items from SIC use WAF stats
Description: Combat overhaul.
Author: Enai Siaion
Main files: Wildcat vXXX
Description: New enchantments.
Author: Enai Siaion and T3nd0
Main files: Wintermyst vXXX
Optional files: Wintermyst - Skyproc Patcher
Special instructions: Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp should be deactivated when you build the bashed patch.
The block list for the Wintermyst patcher needs to be edited.
Doubble click on Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim in MO Select the textfiles tab and select the text file Delete the bashed patch from the block list and choose save.
Wintermyst includes the features of Animated Weapon Enchants that is in STEP Extended. Deactivate Animated Weapon Enchants and remove the dependency from the STEP Extended patch:
Open xEdit through MO Untick all plugins except STEP Extended patch.esp and click OK Delete the following (by right-clicking them and choose remove) Example: Right-click on the entry 0004605b and choose remove. Do NOT remove the whole Magic effect entry STEP Extended Patch.esp Magic Effect 0004605b 0005b450 0005b452 000aa156 000acbb6 Right-click STEP Extended Patch.esp and choose clean masters
Description: Combat overhaul.
Main files: Wintermyst - Loot and Degradation Patch
The following mods should be installed by hardcore players only since they raise the difficulty of the game quite a bit. If you are installing these mods the recommended in game difficulty setting is Novice.
Description: Improved .ini files for ASIS.
Main files: ASIS Improved INI Files Optionals: ASIS Experimental Patch V2 .
Description: Overhauls dragon combat.
Special instructions: This mod has a conflict with No spinning death animation. This is solved by not installing the merged version of no spinning death animation. An alternative, if you want, is to load dragon combat overhaul after no spinning death animation.
Description: Lets enemies continue to level up to provide challenge to players at higher levels. This function is already included for some enemies with OBIS and Skyrim Immersive Creatures. HLE extendeds this feature to even more creatures, even some that might be a little absurd (like mudcrabs and skeevers).
- Install High level enemies Falskaar if you use Faslkaar.
- If you use Morrowloot Ultimate, download my replacement plugin and let it overwrite the original mod.
Description: Install a hardcore setting for High level enemies. This makes the game even harder
Main files: None
Optionals: High Level Enemies - Hardcore
Description: This mod makes Skyrim semi-deleveled. Some encounter zones will be to hard for you, meaning you'll have to return when you are at a higher level.
|Notice: For the time being, you need to merge your own patch using my modular patches.|
Download the relevant patches from here.
Install the patches and make LOOT rules for them:
- STEP Core - SGR Casual.esp Set global priority 990400
- STEP Core - SGR Hardcore.esp Set global priority 990400
- STEP Extended - SGR Casual.esp Set global priority 990400
- STEP Extended - SGR Hardcore.esp Set global priority 990400
If you only install some mods from the pack or if you have other packs installed, please merge your own patch with instructions found here.
- Load dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp AFTER STEP Extended patch.esp
- Load Rebirth Monster.esp after High Level Enemies - SIC.esp
- Set global priority for RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp to 990100
- Set global priority for RealisticWaterTwo.esp to 990200
- Set global priority for ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp to 990400
- Load STEP Core Patch after ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
- Load STEP Extended Patch after ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
- Set global priority for STEP Core - SGR Casual.esp to 990600
- Set global priority for STEP Extended - SGR Casual.esp to 990600
- Set global priority for STEP Core - SGR Hardcore.esp to 990600
- Set global priority for STEP Extended - SGR Hardcore.esp to 990600
- CCO_SIC_Patch.esp (Delev, Relev)
If you have installed the hardcore mods you have ASIS installed. Just like Dual Sheath Redux this mod features a patcher. To make sure both patchers are executed in the right order, we install SUM.
- Download and install SUM
- Add executables for SUM.
Click on the data tab on the right side of Mod Organizer Expand SkyProc Patchers Expand SUM Right click SUM.jar, choose Add as executable Click OK
- Run the SUM dynamic patch through MO. Make sure all patchers you use are ticked. Click on SUM options [open]. Make sure everything is Unticked. Click on patcher list [open] to return. Click on settings after every patcher and set them up using the following settings:
- ASIS - Casual users
- Make sure only the following is ticked:
NPC enchantment fix
- ASIS - Hardcore users
- Make sure only the following is ticked:
Increased Spawns NPC potions [NPC Potions defaut number of potions 2, chance per potion 5] NPC enchantment fix
Click open at Increases spawns. Change the settings as follows if you use High level enemies hardcore:
50 100 10 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 Use interior spwans Reduce interior Spawn chance 2
If you an even more hardcore setting, you can turn up the spawn settings a little:
50 100 10 10 3 2 0 0 0 0 Use interior spawns Reduce interior Spawn chance 2
- Dual Sheath Redux
Use settings from STEP (if any) or any pack that you uses that change these
- Add executable for Wintermyst.
Click on the data tab on the right side of Mod Organizer Expand SkyProc Patchers Expand EnaiSiaion_Wintermystpatcher Right click Wintermystpatcher.jar, choose Add as executable Click OK
- Run the Wintermystpatcher through MO.
FNIS, Bashed patch, Dual Sheath Redux
Make a habit of always rebuilding the bashed patch, running FNIS and Dual Sheath Redux/ASIS after you have installed/uninstalled mods.
To make it more user friendly, here is a collection of all in-game settings, MCM settings and console commands in a goggle doc to make it easy to view them on your phone:
Please take a glance at all MCM configurable mods that you use. There are several settings and tweaks you might want to use that I haven't brought up due to it not being important to what we intend to do with this pack.
This pack used to be a part of a bigger pack that I developed with the help of Nicopad and Garfink. Big thanks to them.
- 17-07-29 Added warning about pack no longer being supported. Changed notes about REGS.
- 16-10-29 Removed Vigor and RotE
- 16-10-28 Removed WAA
- 16-09-10 Added Deadly Dragons Script Patch
- 16-07-27 Added better stealing
- 16-07-26 Added Wintermyst
- 16-07-26 Removed Combat Evolved and Animal Tweaks. Added Wildcat. Made Vigor an optional mod.
- 16-07-26 Updated LOOT rules
- 16-06-22 Removed Vigor Campfire support and Vigor merge
- 16-06-01 Patches updated
- 16-05-24 Patches updated
- 16-05-23 Added LOOT rule: Load Animal Tweaks.esp after NoAnimalsReportCrimes-DG+DB.esp
- 16-05-22 Added Animal Tweaks. Patches will be updated tomorrow.
- 16-05-22 Added Kill the Orchestra and Vigor
- 16-05-22 Sorted the mods, removed Backup Movement Speed Reduction and Smarter combat music
- 16-05-22 Added notes to install WAA after ASIS
- 16-03-21 Patches updated
- 16-03-13 Patches updated
- 16-02-27 Removed my RotE patches
- 16-02-27 Added RotE patches (a new mod)
- 16-02-22 Patches updated
- 16-02-22 Updated SIC instructions to not use the outdated RotE patch. Updated Deadly Dragons to use the new Loremonger version.
- 16-02-21 Patches updated
- 16-02-19 Updated WAA instructions
- 16-02-10 Added bash tags for CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
- 16-02-10 Updated RotE patch
- 16-02-09 Added randomthunder.esp LOOT rule
- 16-01-28 RotE patch updated
- 15-12-24 Patches updated
- 15-12-10 Updated instructions for High level enemies and Immersive potions
- 15-12-06 Patches updated, link to modular patches updated
- 15-12-06 Added the HLE replacement plugin to the guide instead of in the patches section
- 15-12-05 Added LOOT rules for Combat Evolved merged.esp
- 15-11-27 Patches updated
- 15-11-25 Patches updated
- 15-11-25 Added back Combat Evolved
- 15-11-25 Added Weapons and armor attributes
- 15-11-25 Removed Toxicity, it sometimes got stuck in 100& toxicity mode.
- 15-11-25 Removed Duel, it was giving me stutter locks and ruined balance
- 15-11-16 Added EBT/SIC LOOT rule
- 15-11-13 Patches updated
- 15-11-13 DCO warning added
- 15-11-13 SIC updated install instructions
- 15-11-11 Removed Ultimate Combat & Combat Evolved. Added Duel. Removed REGS support.
- 15-11-02 Moved ASIS Improved INI to Hardcore section and added ASIS Experimental Patch V2
- 15-10-31 Added more compatible packs. Updated patches.
- 15-10-25 Patches updated. All patches are made with CCOR updated to 1.7Beta. Frostfall will not recognize cloaks until it is updated to 3.0 (soon)
- 15-10-25 Modified/Added LOOT rules for ELE, STEP patch, RW2
- 15-10-25 Moved special instructions for immersive patrols that were mistakenly put under obis
- 15-10-12 Updated patches and patches LOOT rules
- 15-10-12 Added RW2 LOOT rule
- 15-09-21 Moved HLE and HLE - Hardcore, updated descriptions for them. Updated patches and LOOT rules.
- 15-08-23 Patches updated, updated install instructions for deadly dragons
- 15-08-14 Removed outdated instructions from Dragon Combat Overhaul
- 15-07-16 Patches updated
- 15-07-07 Updated pack with new mods. Removed some mods. Changed the structure of the pack. Updated patches.
- 15-06-19 Fixed an error with the STEP: Core patches
- 15-05-16 Added OBIS loot rule, added High level enemies replacement plugin
- 15-05-15 Added OBIS, updated patches
- 15-04-07 Updated patches to forward new USKP changes
- 15-03-30 Added Skyrim Immersive Creatures - Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade Patch by statmonster
- 15-03-25 Small updates to the patches to decrease your plugin count
- 15-03-24 Patches updated
- 15-03-24 Initial release