SKSE64 by The SKSE TeamSkyrim Script Extender 64
Root Files Installation
- Download the "Current SE build" archive file.
- Open the archive and extract the following files to the Skyrim Special Edition root folder
../Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/:
- Keep this archive open for the for the next steps.
Data Files Installation
- Create a empty mod in the mod list of MO and name it SKSE64, or anything similar.
- Open the SKSE64 mod folder (Ctrl+double-click).
- Create a new folder named SKSE and open it.
- Within the SKSE folder, create a new file named SKSE.ini i.e.
- Open the new file and copy and paste the code in the box below
- Save and close the file when finished.
[Display] iTintTextureResolution=2048 [General] ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
- From the archive downloaded above, open the Data folder e.g.
- Extract the scripts folder from the archive to the SKSE64 folder i.e.
- Close archive and Windows Explorer sessions.
Once complete, the SKSE64 mod's folder structure should be:
- <file list>
- <file list>
Normally, MO should auto-detect that SKSE is installed, and it will auto-generate the SKSE game launcher. This should be used for launching Skyrim going forward. Below are some recommendations for further configuration of the SKSE launcher ... or, if for some reason MO fails to configure this, following is how to do so manually:
- In MO, click the "Executables button" at the top of the main Mod Organizer window.
- Over the left pane, click the [+] (add executable button) and select [Add from file...].
- Navigate to the skse_loader.exe file (e.g.
../Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/skse_loader.exe).
- STEP recommends renaming from "SKSE" to "SKSE Skyrim Launcher" or similar.
- (optional) Create files in mod instead of Overwrite : select the "SKSE64" mod created above.
- Use this to launch Skyrim SE going forward.